informations

Claudio Allocchio Claudio.Allocchio a ELETTRA.TRIESTE.IT
Mar 15 Feb 2000 11:00:57 CET

> Is it true that till january 2000 people or company are able to register
> domain names without any proof.

No. The Italian Naming Rules are available at

   http://www.nic.it/NA/regole-naming-v32.html
   http://www.nic.it/NA/regole-naming-v32-engl.txt

and the registration procedures are

   http://www.nic.it/NA/procedure-v32.html
   http://www.nic.it/NA/procedura-v32-engl.txt

In order to register a domain name you must self certify that you have
the right to register the domain name and that you are not infringing
third party rights.

> does it really mean that if  I would like to register ferrari.it,  no proof
> is needed and  as a foreign entity I would get this domain name.

It means that you assume full civil and penal resposibility for your use
of the domain name. Thus you can register ferrari.it (sorry, taken by
ferrari auto SpA), the ferrari auto SpA will sue you