[phoffman a imc.org: New Internet Draft on registering IDNs]

Marco d'Itri md a LINUX.IT
Mer 26 Mar 2003 02:13:12 CET

----- Forwarded message from Paul Hoffman / IMC <phoffman a imc.org> -----

To: idn-reg-policy a imc.org
From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <phoffman a imc.org>
Subject: New Internet Draft on registering IDNs

Greetings. I have just submitted a new Internet Draft that gives
suggestions on how to register IDNs. You can find a link to the draft
at the web site for this mailing list at
<http://www.imc.org/idn-reg-policy/>. Comments are, of course,
welcome.

This document is different than the JET document in many ways. It is
meant to be generic and usable by anyone, not just registries using
CJK characters. It also attempts to make the registry policy easier
and more predictable from the outside. I have heard that other folks
will also be preparing Internet Drafts on this issue, so it will be
good to see what the differences are.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium

----- End forwarded message -----